Admissions process at Polytech Nantes
International semester : courses in English
International exchange programmes
Cost of your studies
Before committing yourself to a university course, you should be aware of the costs that are involved. To ensure a problem-free experience, you must be certain that you will be able to finance your studies.
- University enrolment fee : in France, university studies in regular courses taught in French are strongly subsidized by the French government ; for international diplomas (particularly those taught in English), please consult the specific page to learn about fees.
- Books / Materials : The cost of course materials provided by Polytech'Nantes amounts to about 100 € per year, paid during the first month; consider budgeting extra costs for additional books, as desired by the student.
- Complementary Health Insurance : Highly advisable. In additional to the health insurance you pay for through schools fees, you should consider obtaining a health "mutuelle" to fully cover your health during your stay : minimum amount of 100 €/year
- Accommodation : Accommodation is available on the university campus, but most students seek accommodation in town. Rent may vary between €200 and €300 per month (allow for a deposit : usually 2 months rent). Warning : the housing market -as in all University towns - is saturated by September. It is highly recommended to seek accommodation in June or July. Expect to pay for insurance for any accommodation, as well as the housing tax for accommodation in town.
- Food If all midday and evening meals are eaten at the university restaurant, expect to pay approximately €150 per month (€2.40 a meal).
- Transport : A pass for use of public transport costs about €25 a month (for those under 26 years old)
Overall, 450€ per month (on top of school fees) should be enough to live on comfortably during the course of your studies.
No grants, other than those you have already obtained, are available ; thus, Polytech cannot be responsible for students with inadequate financial backing for their studies.
Mis à jour le November 30, 2011 par Communication Polytech