Erasmus Mundus master course in Data Mining and Knowledge Management
- Lieu de formation :
- Polytech Nantes
- Available in :
For this reason, mastery of technologies able to abstract dormant knowledge from information, recorded in Datawarehouses or the web, is indispensable for a sustainable development of both the individual and the society.
Data mining and knowledge management (DMKM) has become essential for improving the competitiveness of businesses and increasing access to knowledge. DMKM still comes up, however, against major scientific and technological obstacles. This EMMC's degree in DMKM proposes specialist training in this field.
The main objective of the Master is to teach the students the approaches and the informatics tools necessary to perform effective Data Mining and Knowledge Management. A further goal of the Master is to initiate the students to the theoretical and/or applied research methodologies in this field.
We can summarize the main objectives of the EMMC in DMKM in two points:
- Training high-skilled engineers and researchers in DMKM to fit both industry and academic research needs.
- Creating an international scientific collaboration network directed by a European consortium. Through teaching and research, this network will be able to:
- Enhance knowledge in the DMKM domain;
- Create new opportunities to improve the links between Europe and the third countries in scientific and industrial domains;
- Promote intercultural approaches in the related domains.
This training programme on Data Mining and Knowledge Management (DMKM) is well distinct from the other programmes because of :
- The coherence of its pedagogical contents: the students will receive immediately the operational abilities and skills, so that they can go further and stay efficient if they are confronted to the future challenges
- The integration, within the very programme, of a rich and diverse European cultural experience that will be highly appreciated by the students themselves.
Lenght of studies
Date of commencement
Partner facultiesThe consortium is composed of six universities in four countries:
- University of Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6,
- University of Lyon Lumière Lyon 2,
- Polytech Nantes,
- University Polithenica of Bucharest,
- University of East Piedmont,
- Technical University of Catalonia.
The Master in DMKM is based on experience in multi-site teaching gained from the Master's degree in Knowledge Extraction from Data, which has been running since 1999 within three members of the consortium.
Afficher toutes les infos
Mis à jour le September 12, 2012 par Fabrice GUILLET